Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default When Baking A Cake, How Can I Stop The Fruit (in a ChristmasCake) From Falling (Sinking) To

Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 15:17:03 -0800, Mark Thorson >
> wrote:
>
> >When I move out of here, the new place will have
> >a new (presumably, clean) oven. At least, that's
> >the Plan.

> We just got a new one. I wiped it down and ran it for a few hours.
> It still left an off taste. I had to let it run for a few more hours
> to get rid of whatever factory stuff was in it. It's all good now.

I meant "new to me", as in the new car I intend
to buy in the near future. Isn't it crazy how much
evil-smelling chemical gas is emitted by new appliances
when used for the first time (and a few subsequent times)?

I can imagine a service that would sell new-in-box
appliances that had already been broken in.