Gareth Evans

Default Tamale Terror!!!!!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!
I live in the UK (it get's worse...) I am feeding 6 hungry guys on Tuesday
night and I have promised them Tamales. There is 1 (one...count 'em!)
supermarket in the area which stocked masa harina up until the last time I
shopped there, when I bought (and used) their last packets. I have a mail
order supplier, but there's no way they can get it to me in time....can you
see how much trouble I'm in???
I have half a pound of the stuff left and what I was wondering is, can I mix
the masa harina with fine yellow cornmeal and get an acceptable result?
Has anyone ever tried this?
I am reluctant to experiment on my own as don't want to waste the real nice
batch of shredded pork I just cooked up for a filling!!!

Any help appreciated!!!
--
Gareth Rowan
www.toocountry.co.uk