Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo(R) Bobo Bonobo(R) is offline

Default Credit Card Skimming in Local Restaurant

On Dec 5, 10:23 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> A waitress at Mr. B's Restaurant in Germantown, TN was caught using a
> concealed card reader to steal customer's credit card numbers. Police
> arrested her and the man allegedly behind the scheme to swipe credit card
> information in establishments all over the mid-south.
>
> http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=7437236
>
> OB Food: Mr. B's has excellent prime steaks. And the last time I was there
> for lunch one of my friends ordered ordered the smothered pork chop. I
> couldn't believe the size of it! It was almost 3 inches thick, but so
> tender she cut it with a fork. I usually order country fried steak and 2
> veggies at lunchtime and a petite filet with a baked potato and a veggie if
> I'm there for dinner.
>
> They have a nice selection of vegetables if you prefer a veggie plate (and
> no, they aren't cooked to death canned veggies). The choices vary depending
> upon what they can get fresh in season, except for the southern-style white
> (Great Northern) beans with ham which are canned.

My mother used to make those. They'd cook all day. We had an
arrangement. She would let me know when she was making them, and I'd
spend the night at my buddy's house because the smell of Great
Northern beans makes me ill.
One day she forgot, and it was not pretty. It was one of the very few
times I ever treated her disrespectfully.

> Jill

--Bryan