Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_5_] Nonnymus[_5_] is offline

Default I screwed up

Nunya Bidnits wrote:

> So how do you like the Bradley? Do you have one yourself at home? Its an
> interesting compromise between pellets and wood sticks, using the
> "bisquettes". How would you rate the smoke flavor compared to regular wood?

I've had mine for over a year now, and cook with it at least weekly.
It's 100% as represented and does a great job with little hassle. The
weakest part is the puck feeder, which sometimes jams. I found that by
removing it and nuking it with the air hose every 2-3 uses, the jamming
is minimized. I usually even cold smoke a Porterhouse or T-bone before
grilling to get the smoke flavor combined with the super hot from the IR
grill. For Christmas, we even got a bunch of cashews at Sam's Club and
smoked them with a single puck- taking them to the neighbors warm from
the smoker. They were a big hit.

Bradley only has minimal controls, so my (and now my son's) is hopped up
with the digital differential thermostats. That's swell, and lets you
program the target meat temp and hood temp.

---Nonnymus---
No matter how large your boat,
the person you are talking with will
have a close friend with a larger one.