Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ms P Ms P is offline

Default Pepperidge Farms Cornbread Stuffing

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> Ms P wrote:
>
>> Sounds remarkably like my Great Grandmother's dressing. My mom said GG
>> handed her the bowl of dressing one time and told her to beat it. It was
>> a lot like peanut butter. Great Gram was born in western Kentucky.
>>
>> Ms P

> I have a friend in KY who tells me of a specialty they do there with ham.
> They somehow cook it in a can or something? Boiled. Sounds really odd to
> me since boiled ham has never been something I've considered a treat?
> Have you ever heard of such a thing?

Interesting. I hadn't ever heard of it. I don't think my G Gram ever
served a canned ham. She was more likely to do a country ham. I don't
specifically remember ham at her house though.

The one thing I'll never forget is her pumpkin pie. <shudder> I'm not
saying she was a bad cook because she truly was a good cook but her pumpkin
pie was awful. She didn't like the spices so she left them out and used
baking soda to get it to turn the right color. You couldn't beat her lemon
meringue though.

Ms P