Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Pepperidge Farms Cornbread Stuffing

On Nov 12, 5:29 pm, itsjoannotjoann > wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2:51 pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
>
> > It doesn't need a binder if the broth is in the correct proportion -
> > leftoversslicebeautifully without the eggs. Try it once - I bet you
> > won't notice they aren't there. ;-)

> > N.

> Leftoverdressing! What's that?? :-)
>
> Rarely was any left but it wasn't cooked to a state that it wouldslice. That would be my sister-in-law'sdressing. And it requires
> copious amounts of gravy. :-(

After catching part of a Deen program, I can understand why some
people think eggs are necessary to hold it together.

Her dressing, which she declared looked scrumptious, looked like
runny, chunky you-know-what, when she poured (poured!) it into a
casserole dish. Ick. I've never mixed up dressing that looked like
that.

Mine, with proper amounts of butter and broth, is scooped or spooned
into a casserole dish, dotted with more butter on top, and when it's
baked for a half hour, you can spoon it out, and it's nice and moist.
Chilled, it slices.

I've never seen a soupy dressing like Paula Deen made. Maybe it's a
Southern thang....

N.