Dan Abel

Default Umm... me and hot foods.

In article >,
"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote:

> "Johnny" > wrote in message
> news
> > eh, hi
> >
> > I know this might be.. um... off topic in a way.. but..

> ---snip---
>
> My bet is that we will never see Johnny again. His post is an absurdity. I
> don't know of a single instance where the chile has gone through the
> digestive system and into the intestines without being fully digested. What

I have to admit that this has never happened to me, but then I don't eat
really hot food. Over on rec.food.cooking there are occasional threads on
hot peppers. Many, many people there have claimed the same thing. I
would tend to believe them. In my experience, Mexican food is not all
that hot. Thai food is where the heat is.

The people on rfc who have claimed to have this problem generally were
eating habanero peppers. I wouldn't touch one of those for anything.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University