Posted to rec.food.cooking
Miche[_3_] Miche[_3_] is offline

Default Picky Dinner Guests

In article >,
ravenlynne > wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
> > This woman must have gotten a LOT of mileage with her list of
> > won't-eats. Mememememe! must be her favorite song. So don't
> > eat, lady, see who cares. I know that sounds mean, but really, if
> > I had all these issues I would have figured out to find or bring
> > something I would eat and not make a big deal about it.
> >
> > I think most people would.

> Seriously! I don't go to people's house and point out what I don't eat.
> I just shut my trap and eat what I do eat. What I hate is when people
> ASK you if you've tried xyz or why you aren't eating xyz. That's tacky.

I don't mind that. After all, it is a bit unusual for someone to not
try _any_ of the bread, or things with breadcrumbs and etc.

What I mind is the big song-and-dance about "well, what _can_ you eat,
then?" when I say I haven't tried the bread because I can't eat wheat.

What, no bread at all? No, unless I make my own from spelt.
No biscuits? No.
No cake? At all? No.
No crackers, pies, bagels, scones, cupcakes, doughnuts, sausage rolls,
savouries, sandwiches, etcetcetc... NO!

It gets a bit old, especially when there is a world of tasty, healthy
food out there that I can and DO eat that doesn't have wheat in it!

Miche (sorry for the rant)

--
Electricians do it in three phases