Jay P Francis

Default Chipotle

Absolutely, but it is costly. If you reconstitute a dry chile of your choice
and sprinkle with liquid smoke, or add liquid smoke to your recipe (to taste)
you will arrive at an acceptable substitute.

Normally I would never recommend a bottled product as they tend to be junk,
but, Colgin brand Liquid Smoke does just what it is supposed to do. It is a
smoke essence bound in a water base.

Is the problem that canned chipotles en adobe do not exist in your country? If
so, you probably don't have liquid smoke either.

Here is another option, that I picked up in Afghanistan. When they are cooking
dal or other lentils, they like to put a small ramekin with some burning wood
into the pott of dal, cover it, and let the smoke infuse the dal. You could
probably use the ramekin trick if you recipe is a stew like recipe?