Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Picky Dinner Guests

"Julie Bove" > wrote

> Wow! I thought I was picky, but I have a reason to be with my food
> allergies. I don't expect people to cater to me though. I will often
> bring my own food if I think they won't have anything suitable, or at
> least bring something large to share with everyone.

My brother is inexplicably allergic to everything ... none of the rest
of us are. No dairy, no onions, no garlic!! He brings his own food.
As we speak I'm kicking myself that I didn't put aside some plain
mashed butternut.

> I can't imagine how she gets along eating no vegetables. That's just sad.

This woman must have gotten a LOT of mileage with her list of
won't-eats. Mememememe! must be her favorite song. So don't
eat, lady, see who cares. I know that sounds mean, but really, if
I had all these issues I would have figured out to find or bring
something I would eat and not make a big deal about it.

I think most people would.

nancy