Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo(R) Bobo Bonobo(R) is offline

Default Carving the Turkey

On Nov 21, 12:10 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Pete C." > wrote in message

> > cybercat wrote:

> >> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> m...

> >> What? You mean men HAVE a job at holiday meals
> >> besides falling out on the couch afterward and grunting
> >> in an icky way if you ask them to take out
> >> the trash?

> >> I've been ROBBED!

> > Of course we do - we have to do the cooking so it will be good - y'all
> > can busy yourselves with decorating the table... Out of my kitchen!

I do ALL the cooking, except dessert, which is my wife's province. I
will, however, be the one to procure the pumpkin from "that thing."
"That thing" is a pumpkin. My wife knows how to get the "pumpkin"*
out of the can, but not out of the squash itself. I bought her ground
clove, ginger and Ceylon cinnamon yesterday at Penzey's.
This brings me to the "CRAP!" part. Penzey's quit making powdered bay
leaf!
Other than pepper, powdered bay leaf is the seasoning I use most
frequently. Whole bay leaves take forever, compared to powdered.
Now, it's either use inferior powdered, or take an extra hour to
infuse the leaves. Grrrr.

> So, are you married?

One reason that I'm happily married is that I do 99% of the cooking.

* canned pumpkin is really "Dickinson squash," *Cucurbita moschata*,
not pumpkin, *Cucurbita pepo*.

--Bryan