The Tex Mex

Default Salsa Verde

Thanks for the salsa recipes, Rich. I have had these before and they =
taste great.
Here is one I stole from somewhere. Enjoy!!

Salsa Yucateca De Habaneros
Commonly served with fish or other seafood.

2 habaneros
2 limes, juiced
1 medium purple onion
1/3 head purple cabbage
2 radishes
=20

Chop the onion very fine and place in a colander under a stream of water =
for a few seconds, then drain. Chop the habaneros very fine without =
removing the seeds. Chop the cabbage very fine and the same with the =
radishes.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, add the lime juice, a little water, =
salt to taste and mix well.

--=20
Tex-Mex
"Rich McCormack" > wrote in message =

Salsa Verde

12 - tomatillos
6 - serrano chiles
1/2 - onion, washed but unpeeled
2 - cloves garlic, unpeeled
1/4 teaspoon - ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon - sugar
5 or 6 sprigs - cilantro
1 tablespoon - corn oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Toast tomatillas, chiles, onion and garlic on a hot comal. =20
Set aside to cool. When the tomatillos are cool enough=20
to handle, remove the husks, cut into quarters and place=20
in a sauce pan. Cover with water, bring to a boil, lower=20
heat and simmer until tomatillos are soft (about 15 to 20=20
minutes). Chop chiles. Peel and chop onion and garlic. =20
Add chiles, onion, garlic, cilantro, tomatillos, and=20
cooking water to blender. Puree until smooth. Heat oil=20
in a saut=E9 pan, add puree and spices. Cook, stirring=20
frequently, until thickened as desired. Add salt and pepper=20
to taste.