David Wright

Default Another version

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:48:00 -0600, "William Jennings"
> wrote:

>"David Wright" > wrote in message
.. .

>> >We call that Wacky Waco which I avoid if I can. Sometimes drive

>though
>> >on the way to Dallas but I seldom
>> >stop unless I need gas..
>> >
>> >doc

>> Speaking of hasty judgments, maybe "Wacky Waco" is one, especially if
>> you know nothing about the town.
>>
>> David
>>

>I was in Waco that Sunday morning February, 1993 the Branch Davidian's
>were raided.

[snip good story]
>Nuff' said on hasty judgements? Would you like to discuss "Keep Austin
>Weird"? http://www.keepaustinweird.com/
>
> I find when the going gets weird the weird turn Pro.
>
>doc

I haven't spent significant time in Waco since the early '60s, but
quite a bit from the late '30s up till then. Waco was where my dad was
raised and where my grandparents and assorted great aunts and uncles
lived. So, Whacky wasn't my image of Waco, but I can see how it might
be if I'd had your experiences there.

There was another person around here who knew Waco from years back and
even knew the one-block-long street my family's house was on. We had a
brief OT discussion about Waco around the time A1 made his appearance,
which is why I remember where he said he lives.

David, an old pro!