Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Pepperidge Farms Cornbread Stuffing

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:32:03 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® >
wrote:

>On Nov 13, 11:04 pm, Sarah Gray > wrote:
>> Boron Elgar wrote:
>> > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:37:39 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® >

..

>> > No transfats at all in the product itself, as you can see below

>> > Amount Per Serving
>> > Calories 110 Calories from Fat 20
>> > % Daily Value*
>> > Total Fat 2.5g 4%
>> > Saturated Fat 0g 0%
>> > Trans Fat 0g
>> > Cholesterol 0mg 0%
>> > Sodium 460mg 19%
>> > Potassium 1mg 0%

>> > Total Carbohydrate 20g 7%
>> > Dietary Fiber <1g 3%
>> > Sugars 2g
>> > Protein 3g

>> > Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
>> > Vitamin C 0% Iron 6%

>> > None of the Pepperidge Farm stuffing mixes have transfats, either. See
>> > info at link below.
>> >http://www.campbellwellness.com/prod...atID=743&brand...

>Notice that they didn't put INGREDIENTS on their website.
>They don't want you to see, "Partially hydrogenated..."

There is no saturated fat or transfat in their products. FDA labeling
requires satfats and transfats to be listed.

Read up on the requirements he
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/qatrans2.html

The only ingredients list for the product I can find is not from
Campbell's itself and is so old, it uses the nutritional information
format from before the time the transfat listing was FDA required.

>> > Now, what was that about someone being stupid?

>> > Boron

>> um, uh. transfats are bad!

>And there in no excuse for putting it in your products.

And I am still waiting for proof that it is currently in Pepperidge
Farm Stuffing mixes.

Where is your evidence?

Boron