David Wright

Default Pinto beans and water

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:21:55 -0600, "William Jennings"
> wrote:

>David,
>
>There's a Latin Foods store on San Pedro inside the loop going towards town
>on the right side. It's just past the HEB next to a music store.

Thanks for that, doc. That's just down the street, sort of, from where
we live.

>They have
>that dried corn and other interesting products.

I like your term, "other interesting products," and look forward to
spending some time and money there.

>Of particular interest are
>the carzuelas from Spain and cheeses.

IMO, a cazuela is a piece of art as well as a cooking tool. I'm eager
to see what they have, and to getting some Manchego cheese.

Our (recently) late friend on this group, Jerry Jungmann (you just
missed him by a few months), often shopped at a Cubano store on N. New
Braunfels, just outside the loop. He never mentioned this other place
to me, and I wonder if he knew about it. It would have been much
closer for him.

But I babble.

David

(With apologies for the OT, insider comments.)