Posted to alt.food.barbecue
JimnGin JimnGin is offline

Default Turkey On The Grill

On Nov 16, 12:06 am, " >
wrote:

> Do you have the offset firebox or are you cooking on just the grill
> alone?

> Robert

I do have the SFB, which I've used for everything from chickens to
ribs, pulled pork, and more. About a year or so ago, I was making
ribs, and didn't have the time for the traditional method, using the
SFB. I bypassed the SFB, putting the charcoal grate at the lowest
setting. I put lump on the far right side, and the ribs on the grate
on the far left side. They turned out better than any ribs I'd ever
smoked, using the SFB. I decided to try that method for other things,
such as pulled pork, etc. Everything came out as good, or better than
when I'd smoked the same thing using the traditional method. Since
then, I no longer use the SFB, and haven't looked back. I know there
are those who think that using the traditional method with the SFB is
the only way to go, and results in a superior product. That is fine- I
used to think the same, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I
do think that these results are, if not entirely, at least in some
part, due to using a cheaper smoker such as a Char-Griller. However, I
guarantee that you could not tell the difference between the 2
methods! As "controversial" as this may seem- my only comment is to
say: Try it before you knock it! Not only is there little to no
difference, I save alot of lump and time this way.

JimnGin