Posted to alt.food.barbecue
JimnGin JimnGin is offline

Default Turkey On The Grill

I'm making the turkey this year on my Char-Griller- lump on both
sides, charcoal grate at it's lowest setting, turkey on the grates in
the middle. Last year I did it this way, and I put the turkey directly
on the grates, with a pan underneath the charcoal grate, to catch the
juices and drippings. I was going to use them to make gravy.
Unfortunately, it got too hot being directly between the lump, and all
the liquids in the pan dried up. I'm thinking of putting the turkey in
one of those oval roasters, and leaving the lid off. While that will
solve the issue of saving the juices, etc, will using a roaster vs
putting the turkey directly on the grate compromise the quality of the
bird? Will using the roaster keep some smoke from getting to it, and
into it?

Thanks again for your help and expertise! I appreciate it!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!