William Jennings

Default Frijoles a la Charra - Expert advice/opinions and pontifications sought

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> In my humble opinion it was the tender loving care you gave this

particular
> dish at that particular time. I'm serious.

And you are dead right! We ought to sit down with a good cutting board,
proper knifes taking full measures cleaning,
slicing and cutting stuff or selecting his spices.

If you ever saw the movie Agua
> Para Chocolate you will get an idea of just how the cook's attitude

affects
> the food they cook when it gets into the guest's stomach and system.

Yes, but I didn't think of it at the time. That house where much of the
movie was filmed is located about 5 miles across the Amistad Dam
International bridge over the Rio Bravo (Grande) from Del Rio, Texas. Ol'
doc had a little lady friend associated with that movie.... and my system
(back in the time of Room Service and "Boiling hot water for chocolate
nights and days." :-)

Now an old man, I just pick the freshest and most flavored vegetables I can
find and cut or chop them carefully.... and laughs :-

doc