Wayne Lundberg

Default Frijoles a la Charra - Expert advice/opinions and pontifications sought

"William Jennings" > wrote in message
> Hi everybody!!
>
> I need need some expert advice concerning the referenced subject. In

brief,
> recently camping on the beach on a fishing trip

---snip---

In my humble opinion it was the tender loving care you gave this particular
dish at that particular time. I'm serious. If you ever saw the movie Agua
Para Chocolate you will get an idea of just how the cook's attitude affects
the food they cook when it gets into the guest's stomach and system. I
refuse to cook when I'm angry and I refuse to eat from a kitchen where I
know the cook is in a bad mood or angry.

I think this is another area where 'real' Mexican food comes into play. You
have to have respect for the ingredients you put into your cooking. When I
sort my beans I think of the vines and pods where they came from and in that
visualization I guess I give thanks for the gift. When I chop the onion the
same thing. Don't laugh! Cooking, to me, is an act of love and respect for
both the ingredients and for the people I will be feeding.

Enough said.

Wayne
www.rcsailcars.com