Douglas S. Ladden

Default Mexican Buffet (was Waynes World for the working class)

Wayne Lundberg on 22 Oct 2003 suggested:

> My friends in Mexico City and our ranch in Veracruz were
> humble servant-class Mexicans with few exceptions. So I learned how
> so little in the form of ingredients could make so much in the
> resulting taste, pleasure and joy in eating. I avoid any restaurant
> with "All you can Eat" as the main feature.

May I recommend one restaurant in Mexico City that is "All you can
Eat", though I don't know if that is the main feature. If I recall
correctly, it is called "Los Campiranos", not too far from Insurgentes. I
was only able to go twice, but what a wonderful experience.

Almost all the offerings are traditional Mexican dishes (except the
french fries *laf*), and since there were many things I did not recognize,
I enjoyed the buffet style, as I could try small portions of many things,
and then go back for what delighted my fancy. On one of the days I went,
they had both Barbacoa, and Cecina de Yecapixtla, and I was just in
heaven. Everything was so delicious. I recommend it highly.

--Douglas