Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cindy Hamilton Cindy Hamilton is offline

Default Pepperidge Farms Cornbread Stuffing

On Nov 14, 4:55 pm, "Michael Kuettner" > wrote:
> Goomba38 schrieb :
> <snip>
>
> > No no.. I don't usually have stale bread sitting around. I usually buy the
> > bread, cube it, and let it get stale the day before TG for use in the
> > stuffing/dressing.

> That doesn't work well.
> Stale bread hasn't the right consistency for stuffing.
> Let the bread go stale, then cut it into cubes.
> Now dry those cubes (in the oven).
> Use only white-bread and rolls.
> That's how it's done over here.

We use completely fresh bread in our house. The only liquid in the
recipe is some butter and whatever comes out of the sausage,
onions, and celery--and, of course, what comes out of the turkey
and soaks into the stuffing.

Cindy Hamilton