Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default When Topflight Food Was Standard On Planes (Airline Menu Collection)...

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> "It's a tale of two or three classes on the airplanes," said Stempler. "In
> the front of the plane, in business and first, there's a race to the top.
> [The airlines] are all fighting each other for the best food, the best wine,
> the best service."

Last year I flew first class from Atlanta to Los Angeles and back. What
a huge difference in my mood and physical condition when I arrived at my
destination! A little food, drink and extra space does wonders for me. I
dread flying in the cattle car section anymore. I can't afford to fly
first class/business often, but it is particularly worth it on some of
these long flights. Especially when it takes you hours and hours just to
get on the damn plane anymore.
Flying back home the flight left at o'dark thirty, so having a nice hot
breakfast (and unlimited screwdrivers!) was manna. I felt sort of sorry
for the hungry unwashed masses in the back.....