Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who's coming for Thanksgiving?

Oh pshaw, on Sun 11 Nov 2007 02:10:13p, Lou Decruss meant to say...

> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:23:12 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>

>>No one. It will just be David and me, but I will cook as though there
>>were 6-8 of us.
>>
>>Roast turkey breast (David loves it, but since I don't care much for it,
>>I will only eat it at one meal), cornbread dressing with toasted pecans
>>and dried cranberries, fresh candied yams, mashed potatotes, Brussels
>>sprouts, corn pudding, gravy, homemade rolls, homemade fresh pumpkin
>>pie, and homemade mince pie.
>>
>>There will be no salads.

> About the same scenario here Wayne. The kids are all busy with other
> plans and we'll need a break anyway. We've been on holiday since the
> middle of July. Louise is starting a much better but more stressful
> position tomorrow so turkey day will fall on my shoulders. I don't
> like turkey one little bit. I can handle dark meat on a sandwich with
> lots of mayo but that's about it. In the years we've been together
> I've never made turkey for her. (my bad and selfish) A week ago she
> said: "I guess it's going to be another turkeyless Thanksgiving?" So
> out of guilt and love I said I'd do a small one for her. She will
> need a break by then so it will be a treat for her. I'm thankful to
> have her in my life even though she likes turkey. <g>
>
> Lou

Glad you're doing that, Lou. I'm sure the turkey will be greatly
appreciated!

I will eat 1 slice of turkey (well covered in gravy), after that I don't
want to see it again. I've just never liked it. I always make sure that
there are plenty of side dishes I do like, so I never suffer the holiday.
<g>

Our office has their annual Thanksgiving "pot luck" on 11/16. The company
provides baked hams and roasted turkeys. Employees bring everything else,
and I've never actually seen so much food in one place at any one time.
(It's a very large office). It's usually a very nice time.

Have a great holiday.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

OK, I'm weird ! But I'm saving up to be eccentric.