Old 10-11-2007, 04:44 PM posted to rec.food.baking
WindyCityPrince WindyCityPrince is offline

Default Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Chip Madeleines Recipe

The recipe is my version of a madeleine - I love all things French,
but I'm part English, German, and American Indian - so perhaps that
explains why I'm not afraid to cook with peanut butter.

On Nov 10, 5:37 am, "Viviane" wrote:
Surely this is a muffin?? The French would never cook with peanut butter.

"WindyCityPrince" wrote in message

ups.com...
Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Chip Madeleines
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
3 tablespoons shortening
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

Whisk together flour and baking powder. In another bowl with an
electric mixer, cream together brown sugar, peanut butter and
shortening. Then beat in the egg and vanilla. Beat in the flour
mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition.

Bake in lightly greased Madeleine baking sheets for approximately 8
minutes or until golden brown.

Copyright 2007 Baked Chicago. All Rights Reserved.http://bakedchicago..typepad.com/