Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Good Quick Tasty Recipe for Belly Ribs....

On Nov 2, 1:20 am, "Bigbazza" > wrote:
> I bought some Pork Belly Ribs today (I think that the Americans call them
> 'Country Ribs'..Not sure...I usually cook my din dins quite late of an
> evening, and tonight is no exceptions.:-)
>
> I was looking for something a little different tonight to cook them and
> serve.. Only for me though, as my son has taken off to the sunny north
> (Queensland)..So I cook and prepare only for myself...Then I don't have to
> explain to anyone 'why' I eat at all hours of the evening..:-)

Here's something a little different in flavor that you can cook any
time it's convenient because it can be interrupted after Step 1 and
finished later.

1. Season the ribs with salt and pepper, place in an ovenproof dish,
and bake at 275°F for 90 minutes.
[optional: stop here, refrigerate ribs covered; later, bring
them back to room temp and continue]

2. Puree these sauce ingredients in a blender:
2 TB soy sauce
2 TB rice wine or dry sherry or dry vermouth
2 TB hoisin sauce
2 TB tomato paste
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 TB fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 TB sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons chili bean paste

3. Raise the oven temp to 350°F. Add the sauce to the ribs, turn to
coat evenly. Bake for 30 minutes.