Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee.Dee Dee.Dee is offline

Default Who's hotter? Giada or her Mom???

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Nov 3, 10:36 am, sf wrote:

>> >This thread is useless without pictures!!! ;-)

>> Google (Images) is your friend, buddy. Her name is Veronica De
>> Laurentiis, daughter of Dino and his first wife...
>> (http://www.nndb.com/people/828/000022762/). Why Giada uses her
>> maternal grandfather's last name is a mystery to me.

> The answer to that is in the wikipedia article.... In a nutshell,
> Giada's Mom married a guy named Dibenedetto. Had 4 kids. Divorced
> Dibenedetto, moved back to California where Mom reclaimed her maiden
> name and changed the kids name to the same as hers.
> It's not all that uncommon, actually. If the father is completely out
> of the kids' lives after the divorce (which may or may not be the case
> here, I don't know), there's no reason to "honor" him by having his
> kids named after him. and if they are little enough, they won't even
> know the difference.

I think it is quite nice that she has kept that name. Wasn't it her
grandfather that was very interested in food and started some sort of
grocery (that failed, sadly). I believe I heard Giada say this on her show.
If so, she has inherited that love of food from her grandfather very
befittingly (is that a good word) and certainly earns a right in that
respect to his surname.

Just my opinion,
Dee Dee