Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Victorio Strainer and the pumpkin screen

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:25:18 -0400, "Kathi Jones" >
wrote:

>A question for those in the know.......
>
>Ok, so I bought Ross's Victorio Strainer and I've used it once for grapes.
>Worked great. Today I roasted my 2 Jack-o-lantern pumpkins and now I wanna
>puree them. I have the Victorio all set up and I've put some cooked pumpkin
>through it and I'm noticing there's an awful lot of pulp going out with the
>skins. I could do a much better job by hand (y'know, peel the skin off with
>a knife and then run the flesh through the food processor).
>
>So is this what I should expect? Or does it sound like I'm doing something
>wrong?
>
>Kathi

The last time I did pumpkin, I steamed it in the Mehu Liisa, let it
cool and the peel came right off. Then I put the flesh through the
food mill. One thing you might do is put the stuff back through. I
often do that with tomatoes.
--
Susan N.