smallpkg

Default Easy way to test foods for sugar before eating?

My point, Ted, is that if people are worried that their beverage is
loaded with sugar, they don't need to buy urine strips, but can use
their blood glucose meter (that they already have with them). Using a
test strip to confirm that your drink is not sugar-free is not
meaningless. I don't place any importance in the reading, but just in
the fact that I can see that I didn't get the diet drink that I ordered.

One time I was able to tell the fast food restaurant manager that they
had the regular coke hooked up to the diet coke spigots. I didn't tell
him for my benefit--I already knew--but I was hoping to help other
diabetics who might not as readily recognize a regular drink.

I can't believe how, on this newsgroup, a perfectly innocent statement
can cause such mayhem.