Dreamstar

Default Easy way to test foods for sugar before eating?

In article >, wrote

> I have often tested beverages with my One Touch strips (all kinds) and
> they register high glucose (over 600mg/dl) for drinks made with high
> fructose corn syrup or other sugars. I only test when I've had a swig
> of a drink that I recognize as non-diet, non-sugarfree, since I
> recognize it immediately. Tonight I tested on MaiTai mix (as an
> experiment), which is only sweetened with corn syrup, and it tested
> "high" on the meter. You're pretty safe to just use your regular blood
> glucose meter strips. Why buy urine strips just for testing foods?

[ ]

Why bother testing at all?
Once you have identified a safe source of nourishment then why bother
the endless search to try and achieve a facsimilie of pre diabetic
eating habits? Oh sorry, I forgot, there are a lot of people out there
whose only pleasure in life is stuffing their gullet. I wonder if it is
a comfort thing originating from an insecure childhood.