Posted to rec.food.cooking
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Frozen meals?

"Damaeus" > wrote in message
> In news:rec.food.cooking, Bobo Bonobo® > posted on Fri,
> 02 Nov 2007 12:34:16 -0700:
>
>> Wife: Tuna noodle casserole.
>> Hubby: You know, sweetheart, it's been a long time since I've taken
>> you out to a nice restaurant.

> I don't know what the big deal is about tuna casserole. People joke about
> it, but I love tuna casserole. I make mine with fancy white albacore
> tuna,
> a can of cream of chicken, a can of cream of mushroom (whirled in a
> blender
> with milk until the mushroom bits are pureed), and I also add some cheese
> of some kind to it and a few herbs and/or spices. I put the potato chips
> (sour cream and onion ones) into a food processor and whirl them around
> until they're crumbs.
>
> Maybe my doctored version is better than the classic tuna casserole, but I
> love it.

I put peas in mine. Can't do the cream soup any more because of food
allergies. I made a sauce of chopped mushrooms, onion and celery. I cook
them till soft then add some sweet rice flour and water to make it more
creamy. Season with salt, pepper and parsley. I also can't use regular
paasta. Have to use quinoa, rice or corn pasta. I think quinoa tastes the
best with the tuna.

I don't put the chips on mine because we usually have leftover and it gets
soggy. I just serve it with them.