Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Jeno's/Totino's pizza recalled due to possible E. coli

On Nov 2, 2:35 pm, "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." >
wrote:
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message

> > > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > >http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...AS984320071101

> > > Totino's and Jeno's pizza recalled due to E. coli

> > > CHICAGO (Reuters) - Almost five million Totino's and Jeno's frozen
> > > pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled because the
> > > pepperoni may be contaminated with E. coli, General Mills Inc said on
> > > Thursday.

> > > General Mills, which owns the Totino's and Jeno's brands, said the
> > > recall affects about 414,000 cases of pizza products currently in
> > > stores and all similar pizza products that might be in consumers'
> > > freezers. Each case contains 12 pizzas.

> > > The possible E. coli contamination was uncovered by state and federal
> > > authorities investigating 21 E. coli-related illnesses in 10 states.

> > > General Mills said nine of the 21 people reported having eaten
> > > Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before
> > > becoming ill.

At first I thought, "Why post that here? No one who reads this NG
would eat those." I was wrong (see below).

> > That's their punishment for microwaving frozen pizza.

> (Fixed the subject line to reflect the actual topic of discussion.)
>
> There have got to be other factors involved beyond just microwaving frozen
> pizza.
>
> That's because I microwaved a Jeno's Combination (Pepperoni and Sausage)
> pizza just two days before the recall.
>
> 100% Power for 4 minutes, then about 2 minutes in a toaster oven set at the
> highest Toast temperature setting, just to make the crust crispy, which may
> have further cooked the pizza but for the most part, it was cooked in the
> microwave.
>
> The pizza was as good as it could get for a cheap frozen pizza (often sold
> for $1.00 or less), but I also didn't get sick from eating that pizza.

I wondered what kind of person would eat that crap. I guess the
answer is, people like you.

> I did, however, discard the other Jeno's Combination pizza I had in the
> freezer as a precaution after the recall was announced, even though I could
> have probably microwave-cooked that pizza, and used the toaster oven to make
> the crust cripsy just as with the other pizza I made two days prior to the
> recall.

You could have eaten that crappy, trans-fatty, imitation cheese piece
of shit.
It would've been perfect for a guy like you.
You are what you eat.

--Bryan