Alan

Default Help Required. Suggestions please

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:44:27 +0000 (UTC), "Matt Harwood"
> wrote:

>Hi, I'm new to this list. I've just had a quick browse through some of your
>
>I've recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. At the moment, my doctors are
>trying to control it with different tablets, but it seems to be failing. I
>believe I am going to be put on insulin on my next appointment.
>
>To me, this is totally devastating. I can't stand the thought of needled,
>(self confessed coward), and my diet is about as incompatible with diabetes
>as can possibly be... Hence why I'm here.
>
>Can any of you recommend some kind of regular foods that I can try.
>Obviously, I've been told to lay off anything with a sugar content, (within
>reason), and that I should try to cut out fatty foods. (I've been told that
>diabetics are far more at risk from heart disease).
>Now here's the crunch, I also have a very unusual and fairly rare problem
>called Atopic Fresh Fruit Syndrome. - This means I'm pretty much allergic to
>most fruits, salads and vegetables. To make matters worse, I don't really
>like anything with strong flavours like onions, peppers, garlic etc.
>
>Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Matt

Hi Matt
You got some good replies. I'd particularly recommend Jennifer's advice.
Are you still lurking here, or maybe alt.support.diabetes?
Just wondering.

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
an expensive teacher.