Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Good Quick Tasty Recipe for Belly Ribs....

Bigbazza wrote:
> I bought some Pork Belly Ribs today (I think that the Americans call
> them 'Country Ribs'..Not sure...I usually cook my din dins quite late
> of an evening, and tonight is no exceptions.:-)
>
> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Don't know the quantity you bought but these are very tasty. The recipe
came from the Good Housekeeping Cookbook and I've made them many times over
the last 20 years.

Marinated Country Ribs

3-4 lbs. country ribs
11 oz. can mandarin orange slices with juice
1/2 c. teriyaki or soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. crystallized ginger
1 med. onion, quartered

Puree all the ingredients (except the ribs, doh!) until smooth. Pour over
the ribs and marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight. 2 hours
before serving: preheat oven to 350F. Arrange meat on a rack in a roasting
pan; reserve the marinade. Bake for 1 hour, turning the ribs once. Brush
generously with marinade and bake another 1-1/2 hours until fork tender,
basting and turning every 20-30 minutes.

Jill