Matt Harwood

Default Help Required. Suggestions please

Hi, I'm new to this list. I've just had a quick browse through some of your

I've recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. At the moment, my doctors are
trying to control it with different tablets, but it seems to be failing. I
believe I am going to be put on insulin on my next appointment.

To me, this is totally devastating. I can't stand the thought of needled,
(self confessed coward), and my diet is about as incompatible with diabetes
as can possibly be... Hence why I'm here.

Can any of you recommend some kind of regular foods that I can try.
Obviously, I've been told to lay off anything with a sugar content, (within
reason), and that I should try to cut out fatty foods. (I've been told that
diabetics are far more at risk from heart disease).
Now here's the crunch, I also have a very unusual and fairly rare problem
called Atopic Fresh Fruit Syndrome. - This means I'm pretty much allergic to
most fruits, salads and vegetables. To make matters worse, I don't really
like anything with strong flavours like onions, peppers, garlic etc.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Matt