Old 29-10-2007, 11:10 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Moonbeam Moonbeam is offline

Default Czilispiel - a long report on a fun weekend in Texas

Thank you Darlin!! I just got through talking to the owner's wife ....she
said her husband went to Colorado this morning and would be very sorry to
have missed me
when I told her I was calling from Harlan County Kentucky, he has kin around
here. After she described their sauce I knew it was what I have been
searching for,
so I ordered a case and hope it comes soon. Thank you again.

moonbeam

"motley me" wrote in message
. ..
" We used
to stop at a little barbeque place in east Tennessee that had the
pulled pork with a sauce that had no tomato. I think it was a vinegar
type that you put on and then
added a pile of slaw on top. So far I've not been able to find a
recipe for this. If anyone knows what I'm trying to describe, I'd sure
appreciate your ideas.

I don't know the recipe, but the neighbor of one of my friends makes BBQ
for a living and uses a vinegar based sauce. It is great. the more you
shake the bottle, the hotter it gets. I like tomato based sauces also, but
there is something about the tangyness of a good vinegar sauce sometimes,
though i mostly like it on pulled pork.

If you are interested here is a link to his site.
http://www.bishopsbbq.com/index.asp?PG=PRODUCTS