Al Hardy

Default Ginger biccie recipe for RK

RK wrote:

> "Al Hardy" > wrote in message
>> RK wrote:
>>> lol. ok i give! what the hell is a ginger biccie?
>>>

>> The home made ones are the best, here is Aunt Arabella`s recipe.
>>
>> Ingredients
>> 4 oz self-raising flour
>> 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
>> 1/4 level teaspoon salt
>> 1 level teaspoon finely ground ginger
>> 1 level teaspoon mixed spice
>> 1 1/2 oz ground rice
>> 2 oz butter butter
>> 2 oz caster sugar
>> 4 oz golden syrup
>>
>> Method
>>
>> Preheat the oven to 190cC ( 375F, gas mark 5)
>> Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, ginger and spice into a
>> bowl. Stir in the rice, rub in the butter, and mix in the sugar (in
>> that order) Warm the syrup until it is just runny, stir it in.
>> Knead lightly in the bowl to make a smooth dough.
>> Shape into round balls, equal-sized, 24 in all.
>> Space well apart on greased baking sheets.
>> Bake in the middle of the oven in batches for 10-12 minutes until
>> they are golden.
>> Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then finish cooling on a
>> wire rack.
>>
>> I have no idea of the nutritional content/breakdown, neither do I
>> care lol Like the pop-song of yesteryear
>>
>> Never give gone them up
>> No matter what the meter says, girl
>>
>> Enjoy, my friend, just two. Hubby and daughter will soon finish off
>> the rest ;-) My girls are so loving they help Pa`s bg by not leaving
>> me any unless I am quick off the mark lol

> Sounds quite like something I've never had before, definately going
> to have to give them a try. Couple questions though.
>
> bicarbonate of soda, I presume is american termed "Baking Soda"?

Correct.

> and just how do I ground the rice?

I do it in a blender, just 3 to 4 seconds is sufficient.

> and what type of rice?

Basmati is good

> caster sugar?

Same as you would use for baking a sponge cake, not sure of the American
equivalent name.

> I'll assume golden syrup is the american Karo Corn Syrup. LOL

Yes, I think so.

> now
> to find the certain items and buy me a food scale.
>
> RK

There is a program that Kate has got, called Master Chef or something like
it. That would give you the breakdown, but since there are 24 biscuits from
the above ingredients, and I would recommend just 2 for you (it`s what I
eat) I don`t think there is much of a worry, perhaps 2U of bolus, maybe only
1U. Or a brisk walk?
--
Al.
Idiopathic t1