Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default Cooking chicken on a gas grill

"Snake" > wrote in message ...
> ULL wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 09:04:22 GMT, "Guv Bob"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > Behold the pride of alt.appalachian, trying to stir up a new fight.
> > LOL! I bet you people are real proud of troll bob.
> >
> >> Good lord.... what kinduh langwige is this hyur!?? I don't no butt it =
> >> ain't the way true BBQ fellers (eater and cookers) tawk!! And I thawt =
> >> my anglish wuz bad!
> >>
> >> Guv Bob
> >>

> I'm not a psychotherapist, though I did date one for a little while back in
> about 1996 (she was one of the looniest people I have ever known,) but I'm
> gonna attempt a little analysis on the Guv. He has brought his own brand of
> tedious obnoxiousness to alt.app for many years. Guv seems to be a smart guy,
> and shows good command of English when he chooses to post in that language. He
> is also probably a scholar of Spanish, since he is such an ardent admirer of > Mexican and Meso-American culture. You will not find him trolling in
> alt.mole.poblano.
>
> But he has a compulsion to post drivel. As far as I know, he usually confines > it alt.app, but occasionally he gets bored and does a little trolling in other
> groups, like poetry, astronomy and barbecue. Just ignore him, barbecue guys,
> and he will go away to torment some poets. Poets need to be tormented anyway.
> It helps get their creative juices flowing.
>
> I will say that Guv often pokes fun at people who take themselves a wee bit too
> seriously; some of the barbecue folks may find that shoe a very good fit.
>
> He also likes to top-post, which ****es off some of the old usenet silverbacks,
> another group of people who have a bent for self-seriousness. Guv doesn't
> bother me because I don't take anything very seriously, least of all what I
> write on usenet.

Oh good golly, Snake. Now yew are em bear assing me!

I guess it's time for yet another installment of.....

~~~~~ What Usenet Means to Me. ~~~~~~

What, dear friends, does usenet mean to me? Good question. I ain't got time to answer it though -- I got possums to BBQ!

But (and this is a big butt) I wood like to say to the folks here at alt.barbeque.mensa that I have enjoyed visiting with yew awl and hope yew will visit us over at alt.appalachian sometime (after you get a scents of humer installed).

Seriously, thanks for the good info about BBQ and about cooking chicken. I will apply it next time I am grilling up some bald eagle and report back.

God bless America.

Guv Bob