Herman Rubin

Default More on the Drug Bill

In article >,
mike gray, CID > wrote:
>Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

The amount of freedom in those countries is low; it is
declining in the US. Their economies are NOT just fine,
and neither are their citizens. In fact, most of them
are moving to increased privatization.

>>> Yup, that's true. And every national health system prioritizes care,
>>> which the US refuses to accept. Ya can't have both.

If we really observed the Constitution, the federal
government would have to keep out, except to see that
fraud and misrepresentation are major felonies. The
idea of funds from the public treasury for boons was
one of the real worries of the founders.

>> Strawman. Minus 3 points.

>Every national health system proposed in the last twenty years has been
>defeated because every proposal would have prioritized care. Most
>recently, Hillary's proposal. The last significant reform of the
>delivery system, the HMO Act of 1973 (PL 93-222), clearly demonstrated
>the ability of prioritized, provider managed care to equitably
>distribute health resources at far lower costs, but the bill and the
>system was gutted by special interest groups that insisted on on-demand
>care and services.

I would like to see HMOs, etc., essentially eliminated,
by the provision of MSAs, real medical insurance, the
ability to save for one's own future, and reestablishing
the authority of the individual over his own medical care,
which would require physicians to provide far more of the
necessary information to make an intelligent decision.

>The refusal of US citizens to give up their tradition of deciding for
>themselves their individual care regimens is the reason we will not have
>national health service in our lifetime.

Anyone who is willing to give up the right to make such
decisions to others is incapable of the judgment required
to be a real citizen of a free state. Let those of YOU
who want to become medical serfs form your society, with
no tax support from outside. That way, you will be able
to prioritize among yourselves, and share among yourselves,
but do not ask anyone else to help support you.

Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558