Nico Kadel-Garcia

Default More on the Drug Bill

"mike gray, CID" > wrote in message
> M. Pann wrote:

> > 6. You said, "...There are really no people who would use $3000 a year
> > in drugs." Are you ignorant or stupid? Do you have any idea how much
> > drugs cost? I am diabetic, and I would spend over $5,000 a year on drugs
> > if I bought them here in the US. But I smuggle them from Canada and pay
> > only $1800 a year. This frigging government makes me a law breaker.

> Are you ignorant or stupid? I am diabetic and my drugs cost a small
> fraction of what yer paying in Canada. Maybe ya need a new travel agent.

No, you are. Add it up for long-term Type 1.

1: Glucometer and strips. 5 tests a day, $1/strip, that's $1800 right there.

2: Insulin. Figure 50 units a day for an otherwise healthy adult, that's
roughly 18 bottles a year not counting lossage, at $30/bottle that's about
$550 right there.

3: Syringes (which are cheaper than pumps). Use 2 a day, figure $.25 each,
that's another $180. Quintuple this price if you use an insulin pump, which
take far more expensive bits and require regular replacement/upkeep.

4: Other medical drug costs, such as blood pressure meds, heart medicine,
allergies, asthma, cholesterol or other circulator. This can easily cost
more than the direct diabetes mediacal costs.

> > 8. instead of giving this gift of $400,000,000,000.00 to the insurance
> > cos, HMO's and the drug cos, all they had to do is open the borders for
> > free trade with Canada. That would have have made a hell of lot better
> > deal for the elderly. But their bosses, the insurance cos, drug cos and
> > HMO's would not allow them. They said, "Sit, boy. Sit!"

> Bullshit. The Canadian and Mexican borders will reamin open. Yer just
> sore because the money goes to poor folks.

No, it doesn't. The money goes to the folks who can cleverly wend their way
through the paperwork. The benefits of providing a modest level of basic
health care as a national right are exactly for "the poor folks", and would
devastate a lot of more expensive and sophisticated medical businesses and
institutions that, oh my goodness, have lots of generous lobbyists! Even the
membership of the AMA is getting fed up with the current insurance
wackiness, though.

> > 9., and final point: This country is the only industrial country in the
> > world does not provide national health care. Everyone else does,
> > including most non industrial countries, and their economy is just fine.
> > And so are their citizens.

> Yup, that's true. And every national health system prioritizes care,
> which the US refuses to accept. Ya can't have both.

Strawman. Minus 3 points.

> > 10. Grow up, get the facts, and stop jibbering untruths. Or your God
> > will show you the errors of your ways by practical demonstration. He
> > does that, you know.

> Grow up, get the facts, and stop jibbering untruths. Or your God
> will show you the errors of your ways by practical demonstration. He
> does that, you know.

He already did: he sent you.

*plonk*.