Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pork Roast questions

"Nexis" > wrote in message
> I've made plenty of pork shoulder roasts in my day (barbecue, carnitas,
> and with beef roasts for added flavor), but have never made a pork loin
> roast. How do you like to cook yours? What do you season it with? Do you
> add any liquid? What temperature?
>
> I picked up one at a good price, and since beef roasts have been making me
> sick lately, I thought I'd give it a whirl for something different.
>
> If anyone has a good recipe, please share. I'm not much into glazed meat
> but I'd like something I can serve with gravy.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> kimberly

Bone in or boneless?

I like to do the boneless by just seasoning simply with salt, pepper,
garlic, oregano. Put it into a cast iron skillet to use as the roasting
pan. Add maybe 1/4 cup of water so the dripping don't dry up on the bottom
of the pan. Put it in the oven at 340 until it reaches 145 degrees. When
it does, set it aside and make a sauce or gravy in the pan.

The bone in is usually done in a larger pan on a rack. Have the butcher cut
the bone and season between the bone and the meat.