Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default Pork Roast questions

Nexis wrote:

> If anyone has a good recipe, please share. I'm not much into glazed meat
> but I'd like something I can serve with gravy.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> kimberly

My favorite easy pork loin recipe- fabulous sauce.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Roast Pork Loin with Apples and Mushrooms

Recipe By :Southern Living; Ouida Hamilton, Birmingham, Alabama.
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Main Dishes Pork & Ham

3 pounds boneless rolled pork loin roast -- well trimmed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup apple cider
2 tablespoons dry white vermouth -- (sherry works well)
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons butter -- divided
3 small cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut 8ths
3/4 pound fresh mushrooms -- sliced

Sprinkle roast with seasonings and place in lightly greased baking pan.
Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes; reduce heat and roast at 325 degrees
for another 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches
160 degrees.
Remove roast to platter and keep warm, letting stand 10 minutes before
slicing.
Place roasting pan over medium heat; add apple cider, stirring to scrape
up any drippings. Add vermouth, chicken broth and whipping cream. Bring
to a boil and cook 15 minutes or until thickened. Stirring often.
Remove from heat.
Melt 1 1/2 T. butter in skillet and add apples and cook till golden,
turning once. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
Melt remaining 1 1/2 T. butter in skillet and saute mushrooms till
tender. Stir in cream mixture and cook ingredients over low heat until
thoroughly heated.
Place 3 slices or roast pork on plates and spoon about 1/4 cup sauce
mixture over meat and serve with apple slices.