Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default Pork Roast questions

"Nexis" > wrote in message
> I've made plenty of pork shoulder roasts in my day (barbecue, carnitas,
> and with beef roasts for added flavor), but have never made a pork loin
> roast. How do you like to cook yours? What do you season it with? Do you
> add any liquid? What temperature?

I wait until they are on sale at $1.99-2.50 a pound and get a five-ten pound
roast, then
cut thin and thick chops or medalions from half and freeze them, roast the
other part.

My favorite way, if I am not braising, is to place the roast in a shallow
roasting
pan with rosemary tucked in little slots I make, and salt and pepper.
Rosemary
is my favorite spice for pork and chicken, because I find I need little salt
when I
use it.