Julie Bove

Default Fudge Recipe Request

"OleWest" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am in search of a Good SF(low Carb) Fudge Recipe. I have tried a few

that
> use gelitin and wasn't not happy, so the trash can opened wide. If anyone
> has a really good (close to real) recipe I would be greatful. I find the
> holidays so hard to get through, any suggestions?
>
> Thank a bunch!

I posted one a few weeks back that is made with cream cheese. It does taste
of cream cheese if eaten in the first few days. But let it sit for about a
week and it loses the cream cheese taste. It's good, but still not exactly
what I would call fudge. The recipe is:

1 lb. cream cheese
2 sq. unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup artificial sweetener
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 t. vanilla

Soften cream cheese add chocolate (melted) and mix well. Add in the other
ingredients and mix well. Spread in buttered pan and chill overnight.

I found that you have to butter the pan REALLY well or the fudge will stick.
I also found that the addition of a few drops of orange extract made this
really yummy, but even less like fudge.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/