Priscilla Ballou

Default Green Bean Casserole

In article >,
(Jmmbear) wrote:

> In article >, Priscilla Ballou
> > writes:
>

> >I make it almost "normally" -- frozen green beans, cream of mushroom
> >soup -- but instead of the batter-dipped fried onions, I go to the Asian
> >market and get a jar of deep fried onions. They're just fried onions,
> >no batter, so they are much lower carb.

> thanks for the hint about the deep fried onions. Good idea.

Look for them in the section for Thai foods, if the store is organized
geographically. The ones I got are in a shrinkwrapped 3.5 oz plastic
jar with a red lid. They say they're a product of Thailand, ingredients
95% red onion, 5% palm oil, less than 1 gram carb per 1 Tablespoon
serving, 10 servings to the jar. And they're yummy! There's fried
garlic, too. :-)

For anyone in my neck of the woods, they're in the far right-hand aisle
near the back of the Super 88 market at Packards' Corner (where Comm.
Ave. splits off from Brighton Ave.) in Boston. Top shelf, IIRC.

Priscilla