Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jackie Patti[_2_] Jackie Patti[_2_] is offline

Default Cauliflower: How could it cause such

Cheri wrote:

> You should have mentioned you were using insulin when you were posting
> all your meals. It explains a lot of why you can eat that way. BTW,
> nobody started any ad hominen attacks, I simply said I didn't believe
> you. Turns out, you are using insulin, so now I do believe your
> numbers.You have a bright future too.

Personally, I don't believe there is a bright future with using a high
level of insulin to cover carbs.

I considered it when I went on insulin myself, that I could maintain bg
control with larger doses of insulin.

But... the thing is, there's too many problems associated with high
levels of serum insulin. It's not as dangerous as high bg, but it's not
trivial either - stuff like increasing plaque deposition in arteries is
not nothing.

ObRecipe:

Pumpkin nut custard: mix together 1/3 cup heavy cream, 1/3 cup water,
1/4 cup cooked mashed pumpkin, 1 egg, 2 TB milk-based protein powder,
sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger,
1/4 tsp cloves and 1/8 tsp nutmeg; pour into buttered casserole and bake
at 350 for 30-45 minutes. 9g carb, 12g protein, 213 kilocalories.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/