Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jackie Patti[_2_] Jackie Patti[_2_] is offline

Default Cauliflower: How could it cause such

brigmave wrote:
> I most eat several serving of fruit during the day following the ADA
> guidelines.
> You may laugh, roll on the floor or whatever! You must accept the
> fact that people metabolize foods differently.
> How do you feel about those who are lactose sensitive? Are they
> laughable too?
> Brig

Personally, if someone said their husband was lactose-intolerant and
they posted recipes on a newsgroup for lactose-intolerance, I'd find it
pretty weird if most of the recipes consisted primarily of milk. So
yeah, in that case I'd find them pretty laughable - either they don't
know what lactose-intolerance is, their husband is misdiagnosed or
they're actively trying to kill the guy.

I *don't* follow the ADA guidleines as doing so would require me to take
an awful lot more insulin. However, I eat several serves of fruit each
day also - sticking only to low-sugar fruits like berries, melons and
kiwi. I can't eat them alone though, I need to eat them with a good bit
of fat to avoid a spike... the fat slows the absorption of sugar down
considerably. And rarely at breakfast, fruits work better later in the day.

ObRecipe: Take one cup of fullfat Greek yogurt, stir in 1 TB
strawberry-flavored sugarless DaVinci syrup, measure a cup of whole
strawberries, slice and mix into the yogurt. Makes one serving at 18g
carb, 16g protein and 346 kilocalories.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/