Anonymouse

Default sekisui midtown (memphis)

Hi,

just did the lunch boats at sekisui midtown after a long absences.

from 12-1 I saw 1 sake nigiri (I grabbed it), 1 ebi nigiri, 1 fake crab
nigiri, 1 maguro nigiri (it looked REALLY bad and stayed there the whole
hour).

everything else was maki and nothing really interesting.

some spicy tunas and spicy crawfish, some crunchy shrimp and a few
tempura shrimp maki....

really pretty enemic.

and they've raised the price per "boat" to 2.25....

--
*Lienad / Cobray Pepperbox Parts Kit*

>> Need A Couple of Spare Nokia Cell Phones? <<

Dan Logcher

Anonymouse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just did the lunch boats at sekisui midtown after a long absences.
>
> from 12-1 I saw 1 sake nigiri (I grabbed it), 1 ebi nigiri, 1 fake crab
> nigiri, 1 maguro nigiri (it looked REALLY bad and stayed there the whole
> hour).
>
> everything else was maki and nothing really interesting.
>
> some spicy tunas and spicy crawfish, some crunchy shrimp and a few
> tempura shrimp maki....
>
> really pretty enemic.
>
> and they've raised the price per "boat" to 2.25....

Sounds pretty lame. I remember a similar experience at Isobune in SF's Japantown.
It was a lot of maki stuff and then some nigiri, and some things just kept going
around the whole time we were there. Quality was fair. Do it once for fun and
probably never again.

--
Dan

DrPostman

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:44:30 -0600, Anonymouse > in
accordance with The Prophecy scribed:

>Hi,
>
>just did the lunch boats at sekisui midtown after a long absences.
>
>from 12-1 I saw 1 sake nigiri (I grabbed it), 1 ebi nigiri, 1 fake crab
>nigiri, 1 maguro nigiri (it looked REALLY bad and stayed there the whole
>hour).
>
>everything else was maki and nothing really interesting.
>
>some spicy tunas and spicy crawfish, some crunchy shrimp and a few
>tempura shrimp maki....
>
>really pretty enemic.
>
>and they've raised the price per "boat" to 2.25....

Well, that sucks then. I was planning on going and finally checking
it out next month. I might still do it, and bring more money.

--
DrPostman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253.

"Nothing compares to the complicated futility of ignorance."
-Kurt Vonnegut

DrPostman wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:44:30 -0600, Anonymouse > in
> accordance with The Prophecy scribed:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>just did the lunch boats at sekisui midtown after a long absences.
>>

>>from 12-1 I saw 1 sake nigiri (I grabbed it), 1 ebi nigiri, 1 fake crab

>>nigiri, 1 maguro nigiri (it looked REALLY bad and stayed there the whole
>>hour).
>>
>>everything else was maki and nothing really interesting.
>>
>>some spicy tunas and spicy crawfish, some crunchy shrimp and a few
>>tempura shrimp maki....
>>
>>really pretty enemic.
>>
>>and they've raised the price per "boat" to 2.25....

> Well, that sucks then. I was planning on going and finally checking
> it out next month. I might still do it, and bring more money.
>

> --
> DrPostman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
> Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253.
> AFA-B Official Pollster & Hammer of Thor winner - August 2004
> You can email me at: DrPostman(at)gmail.com
>
> "Nothing compares to the complicated futility of ignorance."
> -Kurt Vonnegut

I would suggest Shogun on G'town by wolfchase. I live 2.5 minutes from
Sekisui midtown and I won't go there unless a lunch partner wants to.
THere is also a Sekisui downtown, but I have only been there once ( sad
to say ) and it was great.

DrPostman

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 07:33:39 -0600, "
> in accordance with The Prophecy
scribed:

>I would suggest Shogun on G'town by wolfchase. I live 2.5 minutes from
>Sekisui midtown and I won't go there unless a lunch partner wants to.
>THere is also a Sekisui downtown, but I have only been there once ( sad
>to say ) and it was great.

I've been to Shogun. I love their lobster roll. And every once in a
while it's fun to sit at the hibachi when I'm in the mood.

--
DrPostman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253.
AFA-B Official Pollster & Hammer of Thor winner - August 2004
You can email me at: DrPostman(at)gmail.com

"Nothing compares to the complicated futility of ignorance."
-Kurt Vonnegut

SilentRaven

DrPostman wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 07:33:39 -0600, "
> > in accordance with The Prophecy
> scribed:
>

>>I would suggest Shogun on G'town by wolfchase. I live 2.5 minutes from
>>Sekisui midtown and I won't go there unless a lunch partner wants to.
>>THere is also a Sekisui downtown, but I have only been there once ( sad
>>to say ) and it was great.

> I've been to Shogun. I love their lobster roll. And every once in a
> while it's fun to sit at the hibachi when I'm in the mood.
>

> --
> DrPostman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
> Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253.
> AFA-B Official Pollster & Hammer of Thor winner - August 2004
> You can email me at: DrPostman(at)gmail.com
>
> "Nothing compares to the complicated futility of ignorance."
> -Kurt Vonnegut

I have to agree, Sekisui in midtown sucks. I also live 2 minutes away
and choose to go downtown or to the one out east.'=
JR

Y'all hafta try Sakura in G'town. Nothing else (with the possible
exception of Fuji Cafe in Collierville) comes close, in my opinion.
I've put a couple of plugs in for them here, but nobody else here has
mentioned trying it.

I've been eating their sushi and [some entree] combo just about every
time. The sushi is four pieces of nigiri: Salmon, tuna, white
(albacore) tuna, and shrimp. The fish is draped over the rice like a
blanket, and touches the plate almost all the way around. Their
rainbow roll is great, too, but it's kinda pricey.

Jack

JR wrote:
> Y'all hafta try Sakura in G'town. Nothing else (with the possible
> exception of Fuji Cafe in Collierville) comes close, in my opinion.
> I've put a couple of plugs in for them here, but nobody else here has
> mentioned trying it.
>
> I've been eating their sushi and [some entree] combo just about every
> time. The sushi is four pieces of nigiri: Salmon, tuna, white
> (albacore) tuna, and shrimp. The fish is draped over the rice like a
> blanket, and touches the plate almost all the way around. Their
> rainbow roll is great, too, but it's kinda pricey.
>
> Jack
>

> SilentRaven wrote:
>
>>DrPostman wrote:
>>
>>>On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 07:33:39 -0600, "
> in accordance with The Prophecy
>>>scribed:

> from

> to.

> sad

>>>I've been to Shogun. I love their lobster roll. And every once in

>>>while it's fun to sit at the hibachi when I'm in the mood.

I wonder if this is the Sakura that was on Mendenhall and Knight? I
loved eating there. Where is it ???

>>>--
>>>DrPostman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
>>>Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253.
>>>AFA-B Official Pollster & Hammer of Thor winner - August 2004
>>>You can email me at: DrPostman(at)gmail.com
>>>
>>>"Nothing compares to the complicated futility of ignorance."
>>> -Kurt Vonnegut

>>I have to agree, Sekisui in midtown sucks. I also live 2 minutes away
>>and choose to go downtown or to the one out east.'=

JR

No, it is completely unrelated, although that one wasn't bad. The one
in Germantown is on West Street, across the street from El Porton. The
original location is in Jackson, TN, but the owner opened the new
location in Germantown about a year ago. My sister was a regular
customer in Jackson when she lived there.

The owner is amazing--once he meets you, he'll always greet you by
name.

Jack

(