Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Today's Haul

Hun Bun and meself got up early, went and picked:

One five gallon bucket + a cardboard tomato box full of wild Mustang
grapes.

One gallon of figs.

In addition, the kind / nice lady / friend of ours that permitted the
picking of above fruit located on her property also graced us with:

Two gallon freezer bags full of yellow plums--frozen.

One plastic grocery bag of unshelled pecans.

One freezer bag full of figs--frozen.

Everything is in the freezer. Hun Bun helped me. My neck is
sunburned. My fingers are stained. Life is good.

: - ]
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Mimi wrote:
> Hun Bun and meself got up early, went and picked:
>
> One five gallon bucket + a cardboard tomato box full of wild Mustang
> grapes.
>
> One gallon of figs.
>
> In addition, the kind / nice lady / friend of ours that permitted the
> picking of above fruit located on her property also graced us with:
>
> Two gallon freezer bags full of yellow plums--frozen.
>
> One plastic grocery bag of unshelled pecans.
>
> One freezer bag full of figs--frozen.
>
> Everything is in the freezer. Hun Bun helped me. My neck is
> sunburned. My fingers are stained. Life is good.
>
> : - ]

That's the kind of friend to have!

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 7/11/2010 7:45 PM, Mimi wrote:
> Hun Bun and meself got up early, went and picked:
>
> One five gallon bucket + a cardboard tomato box full of wild Mustang
> grapes.
>
> One gallon of figs.
>
> In addition, the kind / nice lady / friend of ours that permitted the
> picking of above fruit located on her property also graced us with:
>
> Two gallon freezer bags full of yellow plums--frozen.
>
> One plastic grocery bag of unshelled pecans.
>
> One freezer bag full of figs--frozen.
>
> Everything is in the freezer. Hun Bun helped me. My neck is
> sunburned. My fingers are stained. Life is good.
>
> : - ]

In honor of Spain winning the World Cup I say: GGGGGOOOAAALLL, sounds
like a good haul Mimi.

We lost half of our fig tree to several hard freezes this past winner so
this years crop is about four pints of fig jam, whereas we normally put
up twenty to thirty pints.

The worse part is we also lost our ten-year old pear tree and our
twenty-year old lemon tree. The decent part is that the roots of both
have put forth scions and both trees will be true to the parent stock.