Ken Anderson

Default Tarnished reputation (or spoon, anyhow)

Having finished the hot peppers, I put 6 hard-boiled eggs in the remaining
brine. I left a silver spoon in it overnight, and it turned pretty much
black. Am I gonna poison myself now or something?
Ken

Bob (this one)

Ken Anderson wrote:

> Having finished the hot peppers, I put 6 hard-boiled eggs in the remaining
> brine. I left a silver spoon in it overnight, and it turned pretty much
> black. Am I gonna poison myself now or something?

Yes. And you're gonna die soon. But remember that thing about always
wearing clean underwear in case of accident. Hurry to clean that
silverware.

You'll, of course, still die even if you use salt and vinegar to get
that deadly, lethal, murderous, killing, terminal, um, tarnish off.
But, like your underwear (you *ARE* wearing clean underwear!), it's
pristine and reflects well on you and the face of the coroner.

Or you could use Dip-it. Or silver polish (I don't know what Poland
has to do with it.).

No, seriously...

Pastorio

KenCo

Ken Anderson wrote:
> Having finished the hot peppers, I put 6 hard-boiled eggs in the remaining
> brine. I left a silver spoon in it overnight, and it turned pretty much
> black. Am I gonna poison myself now or something?
> Ken

silver unless resting against a dissimilar metal will tarnish
in salt/brine.

tarnish isnt deadly...

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced