Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Hey!! Guess what!

I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
I've written some about it on my website (link below)

Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
heels.

All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Aug 28, 5:45 pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
> Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
> guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
> I've written some about it on my website (link below)
>
> Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
> the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
> pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
> heels.
>
> All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller

Only girl brownies? Were all the boy brownies already eaten?

{"Oh, clean up your mind!" the rest of you}

Posted to rec.food.preserving

wrote:
> I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
> Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
> guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
> I've written some about it on my website (link below)
>
> Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
> the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
> pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
> heels.
>
> All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller

Nope,couldn'tfind it. Is that Prairie etc this Saturday,or someitme
in the future ?

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
> Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
> guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
> I've written some about it on my website (link below)
>
> Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
> the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
> pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
> heels.
>
> All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

Wow! Just don't let GK introduce you as that lady from Millet. (Millet
is a fictional town in Mist County that is the subject of much scorn and
derision by their neighbors in Lake Wobegon. (Much like Hank Hill is
about Oklahoma.))

--
Best regards,
Bob
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:45:39 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
>Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
>guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
>I've written some about it on my website (link below)
>
>Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
>the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
>pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
>heels.
>
>All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

Holy Moly. This incredible You are so much above average that you'll
be perfect in Lake Woebegon!

And you can wear flats. It's radio.

I am so jazzed.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
Boron Elgar > wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:45:39 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
> >Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
> >guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
> >I've written some about it on my website (link below)
> >
> >Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
> >the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
> >pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
> >heels.
> >
> >All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

> Holy Moly. This incredible You are so much above average that you'll
> be perfect in Lake Woebegon!
>
> And you can wear flats. It's radio.
>
> I am so jazzed.
>
> Boron

Thanks, Boron. :-) Re-read the part about there being no guarantee
that I'll make the broadcast.

I have Boy Brownies (Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies) and Girl
Brownies out of the oven and will frost the Boy Brownies in the morning.
I will ask Mr. Keillor if he is willing to taste the Pickled Boiled Dirt
Chunks. I will bring Bread & Butter Pickles with Balsamic Vinegar that
won the Gedney prize at the Fair. I will bring some Gedney Cherry Jam.
And I've learned that I don't have to be there until two hours before
the show starts (I'd initially been told six hours early) so I may well
have a chance to make some Boozy Floozy Peach Jam to bring, too. (I
bought a case of peaches this afternoon.) And I'll ask him if he'd like
to see my tattoos. "-)
Plum Butter is out of the canner.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
> Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
> guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
> I've written some about it on my website (link below)
>
> Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
> the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
> pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
> heels.
>
> All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

You could wear a pair of red tennis shoes to match Garrison Keillor's.

Here's hoping you'll be on!

Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:55:47 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Boron Elgar > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:45:39 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
>> >Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
>> >guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
>> >I've written some about it on my website (link below)
>> >
>> >Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
>> >the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
>> >pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
>> >heels.
>> >
>> >All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

>> Holy Moly. This incredible You are so much above average that you'll
>> be perfect in Lake Woebegon!
>>
>> And you can wear flats. It's radio.
>>
>> I am so jazzed.
>>
>> Boron

>Thanks, Boron. :-) Re-read the part about there being no guarantee
>that I'll make the broadcast.
>
>I have Boy Brownies (Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies) and Girl
>Brownies out of the oven and will frost the Boy Brownies in the morning.
>I will ask Mr. Keillor if he is willing to taste the Pickled Boiled Dirt
>Chunks. I will bring Bread & Butter Pickles with Balsamic Vinegar that
>won the Gedney prize at the Fair. I will bring some Gedney Cherry Jam.
>And I've learned that I don't have to be there until two hours before
>the show starts (I'd initially been told six hours early) so I may well
>have a chance to make some Boozy Floozy Peach Jam to bring, too. (I
>bought a case of peaches this afternoon.) And I'll ask him if he'd like
>to see my tattoos. "-)
>Plum Butter is out of the canner.

You're going to have to truck it all in, you know.

We'll, I'll be listening for you on Saturday.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
> Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
> guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
> I've written some about it on my website (link below)
>
> Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
> the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
> pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
> heels.
>
> All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

Woohoo! You're making the big time!
We want the lowdown on Garrison.
Is he as dorky as he sounds?
Will you have to sit through the Lives of the Cowboys?
That silly detective skit?

I live for News from Lake Woebegon. The rest of the show
is an annoyance I tolerate. Of course if you will be on,
I'll bear it for the sake of friendship.
;-)

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Gloria P wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
>> Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
>> guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
>> I've written some about it on my website (link below)
>>
>> Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will
>> make the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment.
>> Got my pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of
>> high heels.
>> All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

> Woohoo! You're making the big time!
> We want the lowdown on Garrison.
> Is he as dorky as he sounds?
> Will you have to sit through the Lives of the Cowboys?
> That silly detective skit?
>
> I live for News from Lake Woebegon. The rest of the show
> is an annoyance I tolerate. Of course if you will be on,
> I'll bear it for the sake of friendship.
> ;-)
>
> gloria p

Maybe he'll work her into a Bebop-a-Rebop Rhubarb Pie commercial. (I
love those.) Mostly I like the News and about half of the music.

Congrats Barb! Not sure if that came across in my previous post.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
Gloria P > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
> > Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
> > guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
> > I've written some about it on my website (link below)
> >
> > Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
> > the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
> > pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
> > heels.
> >
> > All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

> Woohoo! You're making the big time!
> We want the lowdown on Garrison.
> Is he as dorky as he sounds?
> Will you have to sit through the Lives of the Cowboys?
> That silly detective skit?

Have to? No, I will GET to sit through it.

> I live for News from Lake Woebegon. The rest of the show
> is an annoyance I tolerate. Of course if you will be on,
> I'll bear it for the sake of friendship.
> ;-)
>
> gloria p

Read again the part about the possibility of being edited out. After my
experience with the New York Times story, I count on nothing. :-0)

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and
most recently updated last night, 8-17-2008. Fair entries are DONE!
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article
Isabella Woodhouse > wrote:

> In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> > I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
> > Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
> > guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
> > I've written some about it on my website (link below)
> >
> > Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
> > the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
> > pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
> > heels.
> >
> > All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

> You could wear a pair of red tennis shoes to match Garrison Keillor's.
>
> Here's hoping you'll be on!
>
> Isabella

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. Will be bringing samples of canned
goods. I hear he may enjoy Pickled Boiled Dirt Chunks. Gack!

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and
most recently updated last night, 8-17-2008. Fair entries are DONE!
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Read again the part about the possibility of being edited out. After
> my experience with the New York Times story, I count on nothing.
> :-0)

Par for the course... they make you feel like something to get what they
want, and then you find out you're only an object.

G'luck tho!

B/
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Aug 28, 7:55*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article >,
> *Boron Elgar > wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:45:39 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > > wrote:

> > >I've got a new gig tomorrow night. *Onstage at the Grandstand at the
> > >Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. *There is no
> > >guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
> > >I've written some about it on my website (link below)

> > >Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. *Will make
> > >the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. *Got my
> > >pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
> > >heels. *

> > >All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette! *

> > Holy Moly. This incredible You are so much above average that you'll
> > be perfect in Lake Woebegon!

> > And you can wear flats. It's radio.

> > I am so jazzed.

> > Boron

> Thanks, Boron. *:-) * Re-read the part about there being no guarantee
> that I'll make the broadcast. *
>
> I have Boy Brownies (Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies) and Girl
> Brownies out of the oven and will frost the Boy Brownies in the morning. *
> I will ask Mr. Keillor if he is willing to taste the Pickled Boiled Dirt
> Chunks. *I will bring Bread & Butter Pickles with Balsamic Vinegar that
> won the Gedney prize at the Fair. *I will bring some Gedney Cherry Jam. *
> And I've learned that I don't have to be there until two hours before
> the show starts (I'd initially been told six hours early) so I may well
> have a chance to make some Boozy Floozy Peach Jam to bring, too. *(I
> bought a case of peaches this afternoon.) *And I'll ask him if he'd like
> to see my tattoos. *"-)
> Plum Butter is out of the canner.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and
> most recently updated last night, 8-17-2008. *Fair entries are DONE!- Hide quoted text -

Nuts=boys, cherries=girls??
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:43:42 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Read again the part about the possibility of being edited out. After my
>experience with the New York Times story, I count on nothing. :-0)

yahbut to us you'll always be famous

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article > ,
Brian Mailman > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > Read again the part about the possibility of being edited out. After
> > my experience with the New York Times story, I count on nothing.
> > :-0)

> Par for the course... they make you feel like something to get what they
> want, and then you find out you're only an object.
>
> G'luck tho!
>
> B/

Dunno, Brian. The writer was surprised to learn of all the cuts, too.
He said they took out all the fun stuff. No matter. I had a bucket of
fun with Garrison Keillor, et al, on A Prairie Home Companion show from
the State Fair grandstand last night. Tune in tonight if you can. :-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller check out the 8/29 and /30 entries.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:45:39 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
>Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
>guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
>I've written some about it on my website (link below)
>
>Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
>the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
>pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
>heels.
>
>All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

You sounded good! It sounded like Garrison was impressed.

- Mark
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
Mark A.Meggs > wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:45:39 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >I've got a new gig tomorrow night. Onstage at the Grandstand at the
> >Fair -- I'm going to be on A Prairie Home Companion. There is no
> >guarantee, however, that I won't be edited out of the Saturday broadcast.
> >I've written some about it on my website (link below)
> >
> >Chocolate Cherry Amaretto Brownies are in the oven as I type. Will make
> >the Girl Brownies after I get home from my manicure appointment. Got my
> >pearls polished and am going to see if I can get into a pair of high
> >heels.
> >
> >All praise and glory to St. Pectina and St. Vinaigrette!

> You sounded good! It sounded like Garrison was impressed.
>
> - Mark

He was, along with everyone else behind the scenes. I told them that
I'm accustomed to microphones and large groups; that's a lot of folks'
biggest scary thought--not mine.

What got edited out was pretty funny. Garrison ad-libbed a song
praising the glories of corn relish and I was hoping to hear it--didn't
happen. Nice people. I'm working on my blog entry about it. Hopefully
complete by tonight.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller,
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article > ,
> Brian Mailman > wrote:
>
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >
> > > Read again the part about the possibility of being edited out. After
> > > my experience with the New York Times story, I count on nothing.
> > > :-0)

> > Par for the course... they make you feel like something to get what they
> > want, and then you find out you're only an object.

> Dunno, Brian. The writer was surprised to learn of all the cuts, too.
> He said they took out all the fun stuff. No matter. I had a bucket of
> fun with Garrison Keillor, et al, on A Prairie Home Companion show from
> the State Fair grandstand last night. Tune in tonight if you can. :-)

Ack, I missed it but I'll look for the podcast. So glad it was fun for
you, Barb. What an honor!

Isabella